Look at all your best defenses and speak to your doctor.
During the flu season many people stay home sick, visit the doctor, are hospitalized and also die from the flu and its complications.
The influenza virus can take a toll on your body and the virus can effect all age groups differently each year.
If you have symptoms of coughing, fever, runny nose, chills, body aches, and headache you may be suffering from the seasonal flu.
Symptoms can be as extreme, severe or mild and typically can last from a few days to one to two weeks.
People who have a weak immune system face a risk for flu complications.
Remember to see your doctor if you are experiencing flu like symptoms without delay and here are some defenses to support your body’s health.
Check out our top 45 tips for preventing or even stopping the spread of the flu:
1. Add multivitamins or supplement recommended by your doctor.
2. Avoid busy crowds and being at work or school if you are sick with the flu.
3. Avoid coffee.
4. Avoid door handles.
5. Avoid foods with preservatives.
6. Avoid processed foods and sugar.
7. Avoid processed foods.
8. Avoid sleep deprivation.
9. Avoid soda drinks.
10. Avoid visiting the hospital if you have the flu.
11. Cease smoking or tobacco.
12. Clean and disinfect surfaces and shared items.
13. Cough into your upper sleeve.
14. Cover your mouth when coughing or sneezing.
15. Disinfect your chair and chair handles.
16. Don’t be stressed out.
17. Don’t share work-station keyboards.
18. Don’t touch your face, eyes, nose and mouth.
19. Drink plenty of water.
20. Eat a healthy balanced diet.
21. Eat fruits and vegetables.
22. Eat grains, seeds and nuts.
23. Eat more natural foods.
25. Gargle warm salt water.
26. Get a Massage.
27. Get enough sleep.
28. Get the flu vaccine shot.
29. Maintain a healthy weight.
30. Remove stress.
31. Self care.
32. Speak to your primary doctor, nurse practitioner or pharmacist about over-the-counter medications that you can use.
33. Stay at home when you’re sick.
34. Take a warm bath.
35. Take some ‘me time’.
36. Take time out from your daily life.
37. Try relaxing.
38. Try vitamins and minerals recommended by your doctor.
39. Use a tissue and place in the garbage and not in your pocket.
40. Use gel or wipes with at least 60% alcohol.
41. Use hand sanitizer.
42. Wash your hands regularly with soap and water.
43. Wipe down doorknobs, light switches and counters.
44. Wiping down your work area and surface.
How can you prevent the flu?
Speak to your doctor about the influenza vaccine as a safe and effective way to help prevent you from getting sick.
Stop the spread of the flu.
Keep your health in top shape and use all the available defenses to avoid colds and flu this season.
Other ways to protect yourself is with Registered Massage Therapy
Preventative care to prevent the flu also includes Registered Massage Therapy.
Massage therapy increases your body’s white blood cells that work to combat viruses.
Massage helps triggers measurable changes in the body’s immune and endocrine systems.
Take steps to strengthen and boost your immune system to avoid a cold and flu.
It is important to protect ourselves from the flu.
Massage can boost your immune system and can help prevent you from catching the flu.
If your symptoms get worse and you are in a high-risk group and develop flu symptoms call Telehealth for medical advice: Telehealth Ontario is a free, confidential service you can call to get health advice or information. A Registered Nurse will take your call 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Toll-free: 1-866-797-0000
Sunstone Registered Massage Therapy (RMT) Vaughan Ontario is a Registered member of The College of Massage Therapists Ontario. Providing high quality, safe and client focused massage with the focus of promoting and maintaining healthy living to the fullest.