Experience Swedish Massage in the heart of Vaughan Ontario Canada.
The most widely recognized and commonly used category of massage is the Swedish massage. This technique varies from light to vigorous, softens tense muscles to provide an effective relaxation. With Swedish Massage the incredibly effective results on the body are numerous.
At Sunstone Massage we will customize a treatment programme based upon a thorough initial consultation to aid your relaxation, letting you release your day-to-day stress.
Swedish massage uses five styles of strokes.
The five basic strokes are effleurage (sliding or gliding), petrissage (kneading), tapotement (rhythmic tapping), friction (cross fiber or with the fibers) and vibration/shaking.
Sliding, kneading and stretching with applied pressure intensities. Manipulation of soft tissue by:
- Effleurage – sliding and gliding
- Petrisage – kneading and compression
- Tapotement – percussive technique (similiar to tapping or percussion)
- Friction and rubbing
- Static Touch (holding)
- Static Vibration (touch without movement)
- Static Coarse Vibration – fine vibration
- Joint movements – 1st degree, 2nd degree, 3rd degree and 4th degree (mobilization and stretching)
- Lymphatic Drainage
- Trigger Points
Swedish massage has shown to be helpful in reducing pain, joint stiffness, and improving function in patients with osteoarthritis of the knee over a period of eight weeks.
We invite you to visit Sunstone Registered Massage with treatments that go beyond ordinary.
SunstoneMassage.com Therapy Re-define your Health. 647-233-2569