What is Snapping Scapula Syndrome Disorder?
It’s a scapulothoracic motion that produces a snapping, grinding, thumping or popping sensation.
If you are constantly popping the upper back between your shoulder blades many times a day. The pain is building up and then you lift your arms and pop the area between the shoulder blades.
What do you do?
The pain underneath your shoulder blade in the upper back may feel like a tight knot and full of pressure.
A massage can help loosen your muscles in your shoulder area. Massage can apply soothing pressure to relieve the pain on the targeted spot.
Snapping Scapula Syndrome has become more prevalent as we see people are increasingly seditary in their jobs by using laptops, smartphones and tablets.
Upper Back Pain Between Shoulder Blades
What may be the cause?
Keep in mind:
With Sunstone Registered Massage we know the importance to treat the whole body including the arms, shoulders, and back on both sides and not just the shoulder area.
Muscle degeneration in the shoulder popping area will be treated along with the adjoining muscle areas.
Medical practitioner clearance would be an appropriate to ensure safe treatment.
Scapulothoracic bursitis can be treated with the following:
1) Rest and avoid aggravating activities.
3) Move your shoulder within pain and soreness limitations to prevent it from stiffening up.
4) Medication (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medication)
Only doctor approved medications.
5) Physio therapy treatment for scapulothoracic bursitis to ensure normal movements without overworking the area.
6) Registered Massage Therapy to help reduce inflammation and reduce soreness and pain.
7) Strengthening exercises for the muscles that move and control the shoulder blade.
Your Massage Therapist will also be able to advise you about correct posture.
8) Steroid Injection administered by your doctor to reduce pain and inflammation.
9) Heat / Cold Ice Packs over the shoulder blade helps to reduce pain and soreness.
10) Surgical Treatment for severe conditions.
At Sunstone Registered Massage we will show you exercises that help reduce your pain and restore your muscle balance.
Pooping your shoulders are causing you discomfort and can be an embarrassing action in public while at work.
Utilize and rely on all your options to help reduce your pain, improve motion and increase your strength and accelerate your recovery.
Registered Massage Therapy can help provide specific treatments to help restore normal movement to your shoulder muscles, improve flexibility and minimize your discomfort to pop and snap your scapula.
Massage therapy can help loosen and stretch your muscles and return to normal muscle strength, range and activities. Let Sunstone Registered Massage help you in the safest, and most effective way possible to further prevent future injury and recovery.